It’s 6 a.m., you’ve just rolled out of bed, and 25 emails are staring up at you from your phone. By the time you’ve started eating breakfast, you know clients are calling into the office with urgent issues and a need to move cases forward. VoIP solutions take that daily mayhem and create a level of order that outdated telephone service could never hope to achieve.
- Voicemail Transcription Service Keeps Cases Moving
Few offices can afford the luxurious, costly swarm of paralegals, assistants and secretaries shown milling about in “Boston Legal.” That doesn’t mean you can’t keep cases moving and the lines of communications open.
Start by freeing up your support staff and saving yourself time. Voicemail-to-email transcription means you can quickly sort through dozens of client and internal communications without spending a lot of time navigating the dreaded voicemail inbox.
Have staff sort through these communications and prioritize them according to your needs – and if they’re already busy doing research, running documents and checking precedents, sorting these messages yourself is already painless.
- Instant Call Groups Give You Priority Controls
Answering every client call yourself would likely stop all progress on the cases you or your team handle. If your business is like many others, you probably have a few clients whose every thought and need is urgent…a priority…a must-have – but really, there is no deadline and there was no emergency.
Call groups can make sure that every client gets the attention they demand without sacrificing the time of key players in your firm. Here are a few styles of call groups that keep the lines of communication open without sacrificing productivity:
- Ring All. This call grouping would be best assigned when the team is handling a time-sensitive case. Open the flood gates to make sure you don’t miss that critical insight from a partner or senior staffer.
- Round Robin. When the office is slow, attend to document review and field the pile of emails waiting in your inbox. You’ll only receive a call after each staffer has taken a turn answering.
- Skip Busy Phones. Trigger this setting for those moments where interruptions could cost you: high-profile client meetings, partner discussions, strategy sessions, etc. This option is great for those scheduled calls with clients – nothing makes them feel more prioritized than uninterrupted attention.
- Least-Recently Called. Use this to even out calls between staffers. There’s no sense in letting a single staffer get swamped with back-to-back calls.
- Track the Hot-Button Accounts with Balanced Prioritization
Never make your top clients feel anything less than pampered. If you’re letting their calls fall through the cracks, you may end up hurting that priority account through underservicing.
Delivering unparalleled service is easy with a combination of automation, coordination and identification.
Automate: Try assigning a specific phone number for calls from your priority client. Custom phone numbers are easy to set up and will show your client you are dedicated to giving them white-glove service.
Also, automatic time-based call routing lets you send your priority client to the person most capable of handling calls when you’re not available.
Coordinate: After setup, priority calls can be assigned multiple ring groups and custom email notifications. Want your entire team to get the message when the big fish calls? Ring them all. Need them to shift gears on internal work whenever your priority client needs something? Set up email notifications whenever that number gets used.
Identify: With VoIP, numbers can be set up to give distinctive rings, ensuring everyone knows exactly when that top client calls in – including you. Did you set up your system to keep the phones ringing, even when you’re busy with a scheduled call? A distinctive ring can give you the poise you need to know when it’s worth interrupting these scheduled interactions.
Caller ID-Determined Delivery is another way to ensure top service. Whether you’re taking care of that massive open retainer or ensuring a new client gets everything squared away from the get-go, this tool can carry their voice through the flurry of communications and into your pocket, computer headset or softphone on your office desk.
- Make Mobile and Remote Work Professional and Seamless
When you’re “always on,” you’ll need to be accessible regardless of time and place. The VoIP solution is to make sure you stay connected. You’ll no longer be tied to an office phone or be stuck looking for your mobile when you’re hard at work on your laptop. VoIP phone service guarantees that when clients call the number you’ve chosen, they can reach you on any device – from a simple track phone to a smartphone, laptop or home office setup.
VoIP Solutions Shine a Light on Dark Age Offices
Whether you’re prioritizing hot-button clients or ensuring the balance is maintained across every account, hosted VoIP solutions put the Dark Ages where they belong – in the past, and not in your office! Would you like to learn more about the benefits of VoIP for your office? Take the next step in your journey with our free guide, “The Ten Benefits of 4Voice’s Business VoIP Solutions.”